You should never underestimate the power of the case the government has built against you, even if you are completely innocent.
You are still being charged with a serious crime that can have a life-altering, devastating impact on your personal life, work, legal rights, civil rights and future opportunities. The deck is stacked against you, so you need a lawyer who can build the right hand and play the cards to get your charges either dismissed or reduced.
At Getz & Braverman, P.C., we have been representing people accused of crimes of all sorts throughout New York City for over 45 years. We stand up for the rights of the accused. We are aggressive Bronx-based criminal defense attorneys, and we are in your corner.
Supported by our top-notch professional staff, we provide high-quality legal representation and personal service. We are available to you 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. We are responsive to your legal needs, and we handle all aspects of your case from start to finish.
We will help you make informed decisions in your best interests, and we will fight to minimize the charges against you. It is critical to realize that any criminal conviction gets you a permanent criminal record. Our work can also help to protect your reputation while an investigation and criminal proceedings are ongoing.
We handle all types of criminal cases, including:
- Drug crimes: defending clients facing charges involving all types of drugs and prescription medications and representing clients in recovery of seized assets
- Domestic violence: including domestic assault, stalking, kidnapping, harassment, child abuse and violation of restraining orders
- DWI defense: including first offense, multiple offense and felony DWI cases
- Larceny: taking any property that doesn’t belong to you, from shoplifting to car theft to fraud
- Sex crimes: including rape, statutory rape and sexual abuse of a child
- Assault: including domestic assault, assault with a weapon, gang assault, vehicular assault, assault on a police officer and other forms of assault
- Robbery: forcible stealing of property, a violent crime
- Probation violations: seeking restoration of our clients to probation
- Weapons crimes: including all crimes relating to possession of or use of a handgun
- Traffic violations: such as speeding and parking tickets, reckless driving, vehicular manslaughter and other moving violations
- Resisting arrest: defending you against charges or seeking compensation for injuries caused by police misconduct
- Police brutality and false arrest: seeking financial compensation in civil court for victims of police misconduct
- Criminal appeals: seeking justice for the wrongly convicted
Call Us In The Bronx
Schedule a free initial consultation with an attorney. Please call 718-618-5567 or toll free 877-419-3070, or email us. We are just two blocks from Yankee Stadium, and we make visits to clients held in custody as necessary.